As we gear up to say farewell to 2010, we find ourselves already looking forward to the future—to a year of new technology, interesting recruitment strategies, and approaches that will innovate the field of HR, advertising, and beyond. Here’s a quick look at what the year ahead may hold.
More about mobile:
1. More apps at your fingertips. Look for organizations to deliver real-time product offerings and availability, as well as instant job openings and qualifications
2. Mobile coupons and promotions being delivered and utilized from handheld devices.
3. Innovative new ways for companies to use existing connections (think Facebook and Twitter friends/followers) to reach potential customers.
4. Text messaging growing as a means to distribute information—and reach a target audience in the process.
5. Increased opportunity to order products and provide ebrochures online.
6. New games to provide some fun distraction while pitching a business.
7. Silly YouTube videos. Wacky podcasts. Increasingly bizarre commercials.
8. More ways to reach more audiences online: think the next Digg, but with social media integration.
9. Expect a merge: Today, on your Facebook page, you see advertisements and content. Expect a blend of the two in the future, where messaging becomes a promotional tool for companies themselves.
10. According to eMarketer, expect an increase of 10.5% spent in online advertising.
11. Advertisements becoming more content focused, delivering information rather than just the same ol’ pitch.
Join us in 2011 as we explore the wild frontier of advertising together!
Until the New Year,